Monday, February 27, 2012

i love to read month

it is I Love to Read month at school
J's building is cookin' up some sweet dance moves for the kiddos

we've been nurturing our love for reading at home, too

First, J's February pick:
Parenting with Love and Logic
By Foster Cline and Jim Fay


we laugh about how we thought people were crazy when they talked about the "terrible twos"

The age of two seemed like a breeze with Peach.
Don't get me wrong...we all had our moments.
But, overall, it just wasn't as bad as people made it out to be.

Then we hit three...oh my.
We think we know what people meant now....
This girl is testing us.
And we're trying to learn as much as we can.

This book is filled with great stuff and we've had ample conversations about what we want our home to look like as J has shared with me what he's learning in this book.

We give it 5 stars.

On to Peach's pick for the month.
Fancy Nancy and the Posh Puppy


We're still missing our sweet Mya and this book has inspired Peach to ask about getting another puppy on numerous occasions.
We're considering it....


But, of course, she couldn't pick just one favorite, so the Mercy Watson series by Kate DiCamillo goes on her list of must-reads as well.

Peach has informed us that she wants to be Mercy Watson for Halloween.  There's lots of time to think about that, but I agree..it would be an awesome costume!

On to my reading list...
this one is always at the top.


...but when I have time for a little more, I've been picking up 
Shepherding a Child's Heart
by Tedd Tripp


Tons of good parenting advice!
In fact, there is so much packed in this little book that I find myself going back and re-reading sections to uncover gems that I missed the first time around.

And Tulip...well, she's not old enough to voice her opinion on these matters, but if I had to guess, I'd say that her recommendations would be as follows:



Fast little reads that I can get through before she starts eating the pages!  :)

Happy I Love to Read Month!

No comments:

Post a Comment