Wednesday, April 25, 2012

a bigger love


exactly one year ago today, I remember feeling nervous about loving two.

my heart had been knit so closely with the first.
in all the fullness of my heart, i wondered how there could ever be room for another?

after months of waiting and wondering and thinking the whole time that it would be a boy...
and 7 hours of hard work...
God gave me this face...


and that heart that I thought was so full with the love of a daughter 

...grew.
bloomed.
became wider.
and deeper.

and there was love overflowing...enough
for both my girls.



I don't know how, in the wide world, we've made the journey of a year so quickly...
how we've already traversed the path of 365 days together.

it has been so sweet.
so full.
not at all what I imagined.
better.

and although there have been rough days

and I have been stretched thin on time and energy
our family is more beautiful than it was before she drifted our way.

this year, God delivered...
 a bigger love than I thought possible.


happy birthday, Tulip
sweet flower girl...you are my sunshine

1 comment: