Sunday, July 22, 2012

hold my hand


oh, Lord....I can't tell you how tough this was
I know these pictures are not the best, but I consider it a true miracle that I was able to take any pictures at all considering the streams of tears that were running down my face the day we went to visit my great (and I do mean GREAT) grandma


we had bunches of family togetherness this weekend and it all started with a trip to the other side of Minnesota to see someone who is well worth the long drive

my great grandmother doesn't recognize us any more...
she's a shell of the go-go grandma that i grew up being loved by

when i went to see her this spring, i was sad to see how far her health had declined
but in just a few short months things have gotten far worse

it made me wonder why God won't just take her Home

i sure wish He would

but, for today, she's still here and i'm trying not to question His plan


and even though she slept through our visit, we still think she's worth the trip

we read one of our favorites, Courduroy....
sang Grandma a few songs....
and cried big, full tears

before we left, I laid my forehead against her paper-thin cheek and prayed that very, very soon, the Good Lord would release her from this World and allow her to dance with angels


there was something so surreal about having my babies and my great-grandmother in the same room

holding the hands of the one who once held baby me while holding my own children

i genuinely hope she knows that we were there
that we love her
that we are waiting to rejoice with her on the day she sees Jesus face to face

soon, very soon....

1 comment:

  1. It is always so hard to see our loved ones struggle through life when Heaven is so beautiful! But God does have a plan for keeping her here longer and that's maybe so your girls can get to know her just a little big more. I think it is fabulous that your girls are able to share in that. I only had one set of grandparents growing up and would give anything to have had more. My girls are very fortunate to have many grandparents. I always considered how special that was for them. I will pray that your grandmother finds some comfort and peace and so do you!!

    ReplyDelete