Sunday, August 12, 2012

7 year anniversary


Well...I better begin by unveiling my identity.  I (J) sit sneakily downstairs as I hear my beautiful bride getting the girls ready for a bath, then a movie, and finally bed.  Today is Sunday, August 12th, 2012 the night before our 7th wedding anniversary.  I thought long and hard on how to creatively show my love for my wife.  In the past I've taken her on a surprise trip, made an art or craft, planned scavenger hunts, or bought her something special.  Not that the year seven is a big year, but I thought this year would be thrilling to hack into her blog and write something from my heart.  So, today (our anniversary) I give you, Leah, 7 gifts.

  1. Gift 1...7 purple daisies.  Her favorite flower and already sitting on the kitchen table.  You'll have to trust that they're there. 
  2. Gift 2...7 kisses.  We'll save those for tomorrow...wink...and "NO"...reader I'm not posting pictures.
  3. Gift 3...7 of my favorite memories of the last 7 years
    1. our wedding day
    2. birth of Peah
    3. birth of Tulip
    4. both landing teaching jobs in New Prague - what GOD thing for two fresh grads
    5. buying our first house
    6. going to Chicago while pregnant with Peach as a little "pre-kids" hurrah
    7. This whole summer 2012 - I LOVE the ages of our girls, and the adventures we've taken
  4. Gift 4...7 things I love about Leah
    1. She is other-centered.  Thinks first about others before herself.  She's so helpful and kind.
    2. Her generosity.  Generous with her time, gifts, love, possessions, creativity, and so much more.  One of the first things I fell in love with...so much like Jesus.
    3. Simply gorgeous inside and out!
    4. Follows the basic Christian command:  "Love Jesus.  Love people."
    5. She is real, genuine, and honest.  I love that with her it's no games or facades...with Leah she is true to herself. 
    6. Blessed with such creativity.  Her blog and crafts she's does with the girls just scratch the surface.
    7. Humility.  Leah never acts or speaks like she's "got it altogether".
  5. Gift 5...7 promises I renew today
    1. I WILL love my family, protect them, serve them, and be "completely invested" as a husband/father.
    2. I WILL teach them the Word of God and pray with them.
    3. I WILL honor you and the girls with word and deed.
    4. I WILL be be quick to forgive and reconcile with those I've wronged.
    5. I WILL learn from my mistakes.
    6. I WILL seek to obey God's Word, and do His will.
    7. I WILL have an attitude like that of Christ Jesus (Philippians 2:5)
  6. Gift 6...7 verses
    • "As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord."  
      • Joshua 24:15
    • "How happy are those who fear the Lord - all who follow His ways...=>your wife will be a fruitful vine flourishing within your home...=>your children as vigorous and healthy as young olive trees."
      • Psalm 128
    • "Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her."
      • Ephesians 5:25
    • "Fathers do not exasperate your children; instead bring them up in the training and instruction of the Lord."
      • Ephesians 6:4
    • "Love one another.  As I have loved you, so you must love one another.  By this all men will know that you are my disciples; if you love one another."
      • John 13:34-35 (our wedding verse)
    • "May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit."
      • Romans 15:13
    • "Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength.  These commandments I give to you today are to be upon your hearts.  Impress them on your children.  Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up.  Tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads.  Write them on the doorframes of your houses and on your gates."
      • Deuteronomy 6:5-9
  7. Gift 7...7 of my favorite photos from the last 7 years
August 2005 - at our wedding rehearsal

Moving to New Prague...Fall 2005
hi-O!  my eyes as I show off that hottie!

Christmas 2008 - baby Peach and Mya (I miss her) 
Leah and 9-month-old Peach - Spring 2009 
Tulip and daddy - April 2011
AND...#7...those eyes and that look:)  
Jesus...I'm so thankful for another year with my bride.  Every day is a gift.  Every child a blessing.  All we have is YOURS.  I declare  a blessing over this 8th year together in Jesus name...AMEN!

6 comments:

  1. Jason, you have just set the bar high for every man out there! I can only imagine how happy this made Leah! You hit it out of the park. And I know it pleased the Lord as well.

    It is my honor, privilege, and blessing to know you and your amazing family,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done my friend :-) Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Since Words of Affirmation are my love language of choice, this Surprise Anniversary post made my heart sing. Well done, Jason. What a wonderful man of God you are. Keep lighting it up, with the dear LORD Jesus in the middle of your precious family.

    Here's to another 70 together in happy matrimony ~ Care

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow... that is great! How blessed you both have been over the past 7 years and God willing, will continue to be blessed for 77 X 7 more years.

    ReplyDelete