Sunday, December 15, 2013

i caved

i caved.

i let my kids open their presents 10 days early.

but i have good reason....

let me explain



peach and i had wrapped ourselves silly earlier this week and everything was carefully placed under the tree

i was really diggin' how festive it looked, but i seriously could not wait for the girls to open their gifts


and then i started thinking about how we would do the whole Santa thing next weekend

and then after that we'd have Christmas with my parents, my grandparents, J's parents, and his extended family




and all of that was SURE to be gift overload...so why not let them open our gifts early so they could have a WHOLE week to play with them before leaving to see family?

made perfect sense to me


i made my pitch to J, who just smiled and said..."it's not the kids i have to worry about...it's you!"

and i just smiled back....because, when you're guilty, well, what can you say?  but a smile gets you miles in this house (just ask our middle child how that works) and after i pointed out that they were wearing their matching Christmas jammies, which would be PERFECT for pictures, he consented


i don't know what comes over me at Christmas-time
for goodness sakes - i have gone 10 MONTHS with each of my babies, waiting until the very last minute to know the gender and not choosing their names until i met them and had time to get to know them
i savored the waiting, thinking it was soooooo wonderful

so, how is it that i can't wait 10 DAYS at Christmas?!

there's just something about giving a good gift - one that i KNOW is going to send the joy-meter through the roof...i get all crazy with anticipation

anywhoos....
the winning gift was a piano (kate, i hope you're reading!) which will probably drive me crazy by tuesday, but for now it's fun

peach also loved a check up center for her pets

and j spent the morning building homes for squinkies with the huge set of lincoln logs that i got for $3 at a garage sale this summer




i must have been good this year because i got this sweet hand warmer mug that i've had my eye on for quite some time

and the fact that i get to use it an extra week is more justification for why i was oh so right to declare an early Christmas in this house


for all of you out there who have heaps more self-discipline than I....my hat goes off to you

i'll be sippin' coffee and listening to my littles perform concerts this week while you savor the waiting.

i think it's a win.win situation either way

Merry Christmas!


No comments:

Post a Comment