Thursday, June 5, 2014

Entering the digital age

i'm walkin' on sunshine, people

my main squeeze bought me a smart phone

now, if you know me at all, you know that i've been limping along on a flip phone for like...forever

the hubster and i shared 300 texts a month
i was an embarrassment to my students. who REGULARLY ridiculed what they referred to as my "ancient communication tool....similar to - and nearly as effective as - sending a message in a bottle"....thanks, guys. 
they're always building up my self esteem like that

anywhoos...although i know that i will do a great many things to embarrass my own offspring during my parental journey, i thought that i might spare them this one shame by entering the digital age prior to them realizing that ma and pa were, in fact, operating on prehistoric cellular devices.

so, j spent an afternoon researching and came home with these THINGS that have the ability to send texts until the cows come home, cook our meals and raise our children ;)

well, maybe not really....but almost

i'm learning all the ins and outs, but my heart gets most pitter pattery when i scroll through the crystal clear pictures of my littles




i think the they speak for themselves.  capturing these moments is such a gift.  and having a husband who knows how much that means to me?  well, i don't have words.

speaking of things i don't have words for.....these goof balls that i teach.  they absolutely could not handle the fact that i hadn't used the phone to take a "selfie".  apparently taking pictures of one's self is akin to eating, breathing and sleeping now adays.  

i'm excited for summer, but i'll miss their faces....and the first three minutes of the day, when they teach me how to use my phone.
thanks for all the criticism, guys....turns out that enough ripping on someone can ultimately change their life.  :)
who says bullying is a bad thing? ;)
peace out out, homies.

No comments:

Post a Comment