Sunday, June 12, 2011

sprouts

I always wanted a garden....someday.  I wasn't thinking that this year was the year, but when my dad gets an idea, there's no stopping him.  So, despite the fact that I have a curious 2 year old Peach to run after,


so sweet she makes my teeth hurt

and this spring blessed me with a precious new little Tulip to care for,


absolutely could not love her more

I've also got a garden to water, weed and tend...and I'm loving it because I'm learning from it.  Let me share...



My parents wanted to give me a garden for my birthday.  They bought all the supplies and my dad and hubby planted it.  Peach had to get in on the action and while she was digging, watering and planting I was left wondering..."When did she stop being a baby?"





Must have been somewhere between wagon rides and sticky smooches...I can't put my finger on it exactly.  All I know is that this garden started as a few boxes of dirt...and then a few sprouts...and before I knew it, I woke up to a lush, green, full garden.  It is growing right before my eyes, changing every day...  

and so are my girls....

....so this blog is all about trying to preserve the sweet memories of their little lives.  I want to look back and say that I drank up every second of their smallness.  Pretty soon I'll wake up and find that my little sprouts have grown and blossomed and I don't want to miss a thing.  

I don't really care who reads this...or if anyone reads it.  I'm committing to this so that someday we can re-read all the funny, sad, sweet things that made our family unique.

I know my girls will remember the big things - family trips and important events.  But I want them to know the little, every day things that make them so special to me.  I want them to be able to look back on these years that they won't remember and say that this was where our bond started...these were the every day moments that wove our hearts together.   

Everyone keeps telling me to enjoy these years..."they go so fast!"  This is my attempt.   It is not an effort to keep them little - I know I can't do that - but it is an effort at savoring every moment and capturing the overflow of love that I feel when I look at them.  

Here's to cherishing my precious sprouts as I have the awesome privilege of watching this garden grow.


4 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Welcome to the world of blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well yay! Look at you. Can't believe you and Amy just up and started blogs:) You will love being able to express yourselves and document your lives this way. But watch out...it may just take over scrapbooking!

    Best of luck. It was wonderful meeting you too the other day:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. your own mother is not a follower? she needs to join the 20th century! waiting for the next update.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job with your first blog. Great pics and great metaphors.

    ReplyDelete