Wednesday, June 22, 2011

summer lovin'

I love summer....the fact that Hubby and I are teachers makes these months extra sweet.

Each summer of our teaching careers, we've worked to make some extra money to carry us through the school year.  This year, for the first time, we're taking time to just be....and it feels good.


 I'll admit that I was nervous about this at first.  I'm the practical one, always finding something to worry about.

What if something goes wrong with one of our cars?
What if our water heater dies?
What if feeding/diapering/clothing 2 kids turns out to cost way more than we imagined?
What if it ends up costing our kids five million dollars a year to go to college?  The meager savings we've started won't matter much.

That summer money sure could come in handy....

Thank goodness Hubby balances me out and reminds me that "life is too short" and "no matter how much we plan, life will always find ways to surprise us".  This not working thing was his idea and only 2 weeks into summer I'm so grateful for it.

We've already turned our deck into a summer playland...


 ...read more library books than I can count....




...taken a few strolls....


...produced some stunning artwork...


...and started the adventure of potty training.  (Having Hubby around definitely helps!)

And although life can be rough (who knows what bumps in the road we'll encounter), we're soaking up this time together.  No amount of dollars in the check book would be worth missing this.  And as Peach says whenever something bad happens,"Don't worry...I get you a band-aid."

No comments:

Post a Comment