Saturday, March 24, 2012

enough

Today is Saturday.  The day I've been looking forward to all week.  Waking up to coffee and little girls and not having anything important to do.  In my mind, today was going to be so peaceful.  But by 10 am, I had already yelled.  Ouch.  I hate to admit it. 


Peach wanted to do her own thing.  Tulip wouldn't eat her breakfast...threw it on the floor.

My blissful Saturday was quickly turning into frustration station.


And instead of being the patient, joyful mom that I want to be, I got angry and threw my own little temper tantrum.  There were tears all around.

Tulip napping and Peach in time out, there was lots to do.  But all I could do was sink into the couch with palms up, asking God to fill me.  

Lord, I am not enough.  But you are.  You are enough patience.  Enough joy.  Enough energy.  So, fill me.  I trade my emptiness for your abundance.

It's not always pretty.  But, we take the good with the bad.  Asking the Good Lord to prune away the prickly thorns. 

 As Easter approaches, Lord, make me New.

1 comment:

  1. Your honest - not purdee'd up post - reminds me of David the Shepherd Boy turned King. The reason God referred to David as "a man after my own heart" was because he repented and sought God. Every time. You do the same, dear Krog. I love you for it and so does the good dear LORD.

    God is near. God is hear. Walk holy ~ care

    ReplyDelete