Wednesday, April 11, 2012

need flowers

there are so many reasons to love spring...


 daffodils



tulips


this one was planted last year when baby girl arrived...
almost ready to bloom.


by my favorites are the lilacs.

they take me down memory lane.
we had a HUGE lilac bush on our farm growing up.
I have vivid memories of collecting lilacs with my mom and taking them to school to decorate the stage for our spring program.


And when spring rolls around, my eyes dart here, there and everywhere, looking for lilacs.  Not wanting to miss their brief visit.  I've been waiting for weeks to fill up these sweet jars that I found on my in-laws farm


So, while J was golfing one morning, the girls and I went on a little beauty hunt.


just down the alley we found them...fragrant and lovely


then found little homes for them all over the house.




I used to wait for J to get me flowers.
Then, I'd find a vase and fill it, admiring how beautiful they were.

Then I realized, why wait for it?

The old logic:  have flowers, need vase
Has turned into the new logic:  have pretty little jars, need flowers

Maybe it is the fact that 30 is approaching.  And with age, you gain  perspective on things like this.

At any rate, the new motto in this house is:  Find beauty.
Look for it.
Do not wait for it to come to you.
It is waiting...near as the alley.
Take a picture.
Write it down.
Bring it in.
And take a minute to be grateful for it.


1 comment:

  1. I completely agree with, why wait for flowers? If you have the vase-fill it up!

    ReplyDelete