Tuesday, May 1, 2012

april extras


april started out so sweet my teeth hurt.

spring break was too good.
we did a whole lot of sittin' around in jammies and letting sunlight pour over us as we drank coffee and ate cinnamon rolls.
mmm...that's exactly how I like my breaks to go.
no plans.
no trips.
just going doing whatever we feel like.


but, all good things must come to an end.
and back to work we went.

Peach told us that she thoroughly enjoyed our time at the park, zoo and home, but was excited to get back to her friends.

I'm glad that she has her little "home away from home".
It makes me happy that she has those bonds.
They really are a little family.





J tried so hard to get this kite to fly, but in the end it was a cheap piece of junk destined not for the sky, but the garbage can.  :(


spent some time making homemade wrapping paper for the butterfly house we bought my dad for his birthday.

Peach blew the surprise by dialing him up on the i.pad only minutes after it arrived on our doorstep and saying,
"Grampa...we gotcha a bird house.  You can put butterflies in it if you want to."


met a handsome little guy that we've been waiting since last summer to lay eyes on.
loving him will be so much fun!




spent the weekends just hangin' around




J made me want to marry him all over again when I found him practicing his braiding skills on My Little Ponies one morning


watched a few rip roarin' thunderstorms from our front row seats in the bay window


and discovered that May flowers are not all that April showers bring.... 



had a hard time not taking pictures of this adorable outfit...not to mention the lil' peanut who wore it!



crossed another treshold
learned to ride a bike
pedaling away from little and right straight into big


this monkey climber was blessed with a couch-cushion jungle gym custom-built for her almost every day by J

 


although i'm sure our neighbors cringe, J and i don't do a thing about the weeds poppin' up here, there and everywhere in our yard.

it's the hippie in me - i like our "flowering yard"
always somethin' bloomin'
and it provides for pictures like this one....


be still my heart.

finally, the best part about april is that i feel totally at peace about something i've been praying about for quite some time.
with the help of my wonderful and supportive husband, i've come to the decision to work only part-time next year.
i'm excited to continue pursuing my love of teaching and working with adolescents while also carving out a few more hours in the day to be with my sweet girls.

coming to that decision was a journey of the heart....and mind...and checkbook.
but, in the end, i'm hoping it will be God's answer to a lot of prayers.

heading down this new path has me slightly nervous, but mostly overjoyed!

and on that high note, i'll bid farewell to another month and welcome May with open arms.


1 comment: