Saturday, June 30, 2012

June Extras



aaaaaah....June

the month of:
mismatched and on the wrong feet flip flops
lather up with sunscreen
run the dishwasher twice a day
vacuum the kitchen floor three, four, five times a day
toys everywhere
pool bag with us at all times
where are my sunglasses?
air conditioning, please!
spontaneous
random
enjoy every second
FUN!


best garage sale find of June was this little bucket of tools.....
EVERYTHING in our garage and house has been "fixed" multiple times.  :)


i love how she scrunches up her face when "fixing" something.
she also tends to talk in a gruff voice when putting her tools to work.
what's with that?



sweet lollipop spent the majority of the month in the sand box.
oh, Lord did I have my work cut out for me!

if I neglected to check her shoes before coming in the house, my blood pressure when through the roof as she trailed tiny rivers of sand through every room!


June also brought us babies in buckets and "Momma, can I help?"



several rainy days provided an excellent backdrop for a plethora of puppet shows




and one night we had a perfectly full rainbow in our backyard




pillow sandwiches and tickle time were abundant this month
J and I loooooove our jobs
and I am not one to say that summer is the best part about being a teacher.
there are other things i love more.
but, i won't argue that lazy summer days with these girls is DEFINITELY one of the perks of working in education.




Tulip has become a fan of the Spanish Nursery Rhyme book that I brought home from school...

what can I say?
the girl has great taste.  :)


Peach's little voice from the backseat summed it up so perfectly on our way home tonight:
"Momma, everything is so happy right now."

Ah, yes....everything IS so happy right now.
Summer is going nice and slow.
I'm sure that come September, I will look back and say it went waaaay too fast.

But right now, it seems like just the perfect amount of family, friends, food, sun, and all the good things that make everything so very, very happy.


1 comment:

  1. So beautiful and such precious memories.
    I have already decided that next summer, Ryan works summer school and I get to go to swim lessons :)

    ReplyDelete