Sunday, July 15, 2012

love and cat tails


a few nights ago, i took a new jogging route, which led me to the pond in between our middle and high school buildings

its called the "living lab" and i know that our science teachers take their students out there often to get samples of pond water and observe insects, birds, etc.

but, other than that, i hadn't really paid all that much attention to the swampy area

while jogging, i was admiring the cat tails and wondering if Peach even knew what a cat tail was

so, i made up my mind that the next morning, we'd go exploring


we had to walk behind the bus garage to get to the swamp and wouldn't you know, Peach was giddy about seeing them all lined up like soldiers


next, we found the cat tails
Peach was rather unimpressed
I was all, "ooooooh, aren't they cool?"
She kind of scrunched up her face like, "what's the big deal?"

she thought they were okay, but said, "You know, momma...I like flowers better"
stinker ;)


when we got out there, we set up a little camp and walked around a bit




this one found a giant goose feather, which she informed me, was a "TRUE TREASURE"




and little miss easy-going just scampered after her sister, loving the fact that we were "ow-si-ya" (outside)



after we had seen countless bird houses and collected a few more "treasures" we decided it was time for lollipops and some good books


i love this face....
the one that says "I can't believe my momma is really letting me eat this!  I better hurry up before she changes her mind."



just as we were about to leave, Mr. Wonderful showed up
I adore watching her face light up at the sound of his voice
and the way she runs into his waiting arms


at the end of it all, Peach learned about cat tails
and I learned that the loving of littles just keeps getting bigger....



No comments:

Post a Comment