Wednesday, April 10, 2013

30 days to 30


In just 30 short days, I will be turning 30....yikes!  How did that happen?  Sometimes I can't quite wrap my head around the fact that I'm soon to be a mother of three...wasn't I just graduating high school?  Wasn't I just living in the dorms?  Wasn't I just planning my wedding?  Student teaching?  Moving into our first home?

 I guess time flies when you're having fun.  Regardless of how unbelievable it seems to me, I can't ignore the fact that 30 is right around the corner.

My husband, bless him, decided that with another big event just right around the corner, he'd plan something low key to celebrate.  So, today I opened the first of 30 gifts that he and Peach have been collecting and covertly wrapping. 



With 6-10 inches of snow on the radar, it seems crazy to be talking about planting our garden, but it sure was a sweet way to start out my day.

29 more gifts to open...29 more days of my 20's.

A sweet reminder to think of every day as a little gift to open.  I wont' lie...these past few weeks of getting out...rolling out...groaning out of bed in the mornings have been rough, rough, rough.   And I actually fell asleep standing just the other day.  But even when it requires more than the usual effort, greeting each day is a gift, isn't it?  Seeing, breathing, feeling, thinking....all presents.   May we unwrap them anew each morning.....


1 comment:

  1. I'm So Happy for you! I remember your bible study in your basement in Moorhead! Wasn't that just a bit ago? 30 and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete