Friday, November 21, 2014

Hello Little Man

as most of you already know...we're not typically finder-outers.

we enjoy the suspense.

but, we're also prone to getting wild and crazy and doing things differently when the mood strikes us.

so when J and I had gone back and forth about whether or not to learn the gender at the 20 week ultrasound, we decided to let Peach make the call.

she was like....is that actually a question?
duh!
let's find out!

she came with me to the appointment and some of the first words out of the ultrasound technician's mouth were..."Norah, how do you feel about a little brother?"


Her first reaction was to scrunch up her little nose at it.

But when she saw the little guy waving at her, I could see her heart melt.

She's been proud as punch to tell everyone she meets about her baby brother and I'm glad we went this route for our final bambino.

This will be something that she remembers.

And while the suspense and the wondering was indescribably beautiful the first three trips around the block, this time the knowing is its own special gift.

I'll admit that I got a little teary going through the girl clothes...deciding which special pieces to keep forever and which to give away.

I've never had that "no one will ever wear this in my house again" moment.

But there's an excitement about planning for something new, too.

Here's to switching it up and impulsive decisions that bring us to new places.

No comments:

Post a Comment