Tuesday, July 19, 2011

God's girl

Isn't she perfect?


When I look at her, I can't find a thing that I would change.  As parents, we have that privilege - of seeing our babies the way that God sees us through Christ...perfect, innocent, absolutely lovely in every way.

On Saturday, Hubby and I had the great honor of dedicating Tulip at church.  Grandparents, Great-Grand parents, aunts and uncles were there to join with the angels in celebration.  It was a blessed event.

In preparation for the day, I went to 1 Samuel and read about Hannah's dedication of her son.  I was especially moved by what she said:

"I prayed for this child, and the LORD has granted me what I asked of him.  So now I give him to the LORD."
1 Samuel 1:27 &28

It is so simple - I asked, you answered.  So, now I give him back to you.  It's like Hannah is saying - I don't even have to think about it , Lord.  When you bless me, I will always give back to you.  Hannah had great faith.  And she was richly rewarded - read 1 and 2 Samuel and you'll see what a stud her boy turned out to be.

But back to my girl...Yes, we prayed for you, Tulip.  And we recognize that you are a true gift.  So, with grateful hearts, we dedicate you to the Lord.  We vow to seek his wisdom in raising you and we publicly announce our intention to bring you regularly to the family and house of God.


How grateful we are for these girls...and for a church family that is offering their support and help in teaching them about the love of Christ.  

This is a big job...thank you, Lord, that you are with me in it and that you have provided the church to walk the journey with us.  Amen

1 comment:

  1. I am so happy to hear another mother is raising her child in the Lord. One of my favorite Bible passages is from 3 John 1:4 "I have no greater joy than this, to hear of my children walking in the truth."

    ReplyDelete