Wednesday, July 13, 2011

simple joys

I learned about simple joys the summer after my freshman year of college.  I was working at a Bible camp and one of the counselors that I worked with was always pointing out little things that made her heart smile.  She became a very dear friend over the course of that summer and ever since, I've been smiling and thinking of her every time something small brings me joy.

Here's my list of the simple things that are making my heart smile lately...


airplane rides

snuggles

pretending

my guy adoring our girl...
I knew when I married him that he'd be a great dad someday, but I never knew anyone could be this good.

mornings with the things that keep me going

bows, clips...anything to hold those precious wisps of hair out of her  baby blues

a good book just waiting to be picked up

fresh cherries - ripe and juicy

the priceless artwork on my fridge

yummy smells that make doing the dishes a little more bearable

teddy bear and blankie

frosty popsicles on a hot, hot day

popcorn parties in bed and staying up late

towels fresh from the laundry...still warm when you step out of the shower

bedtime

enjoying something new for the first time

a new roll of toilet paper that I didn't have to put on...thanks, Hubby

tulip's cheeks

peach's stink face

Thank you, Lord, for the little things...the everyday stuff that whisper to me of what will be.  Someday, when I'm home with you, the joy of your presence will abound.  Until then, keep reminding me that you're near with simple joys.  Amen.

1 comment: