Sunday, August 28, 2011

you.cannot.lose.my.love

I heard this song on the radio today.  It is one of my faves.  I love how a song that I've heard and sung hundreds of times can seem new and fresh just because it has that perfect rythm...those exact lyrics that reflect what's in my heart.

You will lose your baby teeth.
At times, you'll lose your faith in me. 

You will lose a lot of things, 
But you cannot lose my love. 


You may lose your appetite, 
Your guiding sense of wrong and right. 
You may lose your will to fight, 
But you cannot lose my love. 


You will lose your confidence. 
In times of trial, your common sense. 
You may lose your innocence, 
But you cannot lose my love.


Many things can be misplaced; 
Your very memories be erased. 
No matter what the time or space, 
You cannot lose my love. 
You cannot lose, 
You cannot lose, 
You cannot lose my love - Sara Groves


When I think of all that I feel for these girls, for this family, for this life...words fail me.  I can't describe how much I cherish them, but this song gets close.

2 comments:

  1. I love you Leah Krug Wacek. Doubtless you are the Most Grateful Person I know. Love that about you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. After looking at the pictures I think the song comes pretty close to describing the bond of your girls too!

    ReplyDelete