Thursday, September 29, 2011

"pwoject"

My Peach loves a good project.  So, I'm always hunting for creative things that are good for her age.  I stumbled upon this cute idea while browsing a magazine in the waiting room at the clinic the other day, so we had to give it a try.


The supplies:  canning jars, orange paint, masking tape, brushes and  tea light candles


cut the masking tape and apply to jars in the shape of a jack-o-lantern face


...the first strokes....



paint over the masking tape and let dry



We ran out of orange, so had to mix red and yellow.  Peach was AMAZED that I could do that.  
LOVE those moments when something so small makes me look like super woman.  



remove the tape and insert candle

Voila!  
Peach said the supper table that night looked "yomantic".

Crisp autumn air and a silly jack-o-lantern smiling at you while you eat supper...doesn't get much more "yomantic" than that!

No comments:

Post a Comment