Sunday, January 22, 2012

a hallelujah day

Yesterday was a hallelujah day.  I found myself proclaiming with the psalmist,

Praise the Lord!  Praise God in his heavenly dwelling; praise him in his mighty heaven!  Praise him for his mighty works; praise his unequaled greatness!  Praise him with a blast of the trumpet; praise him with the lyre and harp!  Praise him with the tambourine and dancing; praise him with stringed instruments and flutes!  Praise him with a clash of cymbals; praise him with loud, clanging cymbals.  Let everything that lives sing praises to the Lord! - Psalm 150


It was just one of those days that was too good.

It started with snuggles under piles of blankets.  Hallelujah!  God, you are peace.

Which were followed by sweet potato and cinnamon pancakes and scrambled eggs made by J.  Hallelujah!  God, you are good.

And was topped off by snuggling a baby fresh from heaven.  Hallelujah!  God, you are beautiful...no, make that...stunning.

Here is the girl that made me an auntie:  Baby A


She made her debut in the wee hours of the morning on Jan. 21 and instantly wiggled her way into my heart.

Everything about her is lovely.


There is something about holding a baby born only hours ago that puts all kinds of things into perspective.  I can't look at something this tiny and this fresh and have anything but jaw-dropping, breath-taking, overflowing praise.


Wow, God.  She's a masterpiece.  Really.


I held this little miracle and whispered "hallelujah" over her.  And as we made the long drive home, I whispered it again.  When I rocked my baby to sleep, I whispered it again.  When I tucked my little lady under her covers, I whispered it again.  I know I will never be able to say it enough.  Because when God amazes you, the praises just keep flowing.




Hallelujah, Lord.  You outdid yourself again.

1 comment:

  1. Not sure I know anyone who loves life more than you, Krog. But that's because you love GOD so much.

    And I love you! HalleLuJah
    (Noteworthy: Hallelujah and Allelujah are the same around the world, in every language. They universally mean: Praise the LORD.)

    ReplyDelete