Thursday, March 29, 2012

just an ordinary day



it was just an ordinary day.
nothing special.

except that face....


...and the squeals as they rushed down the big slide...


...and how the sky was so blue, it was almost purple...
...the way my big girl called her sister, "sweet love cupcake pie"...


...my wee one looking out from under long lashes and begging me to pick up her cup just so she could laugh as she droped it again...


...the buttons on her jeans...


..the way this one got real brave and tried a previously-banned big kid portion of the park.
...her look of determination...
...as if she was about to accomplish something very important...



...how baby girl took not one, not two, but thirteen purposeful, steady steps...
no wobbling.  no falling.
and the look in her eyes that said, 
"I can do this.  And I won't take 'no' for an answer."


...the grin on his face when she rounded the corner...


...those lashes...that smile...


maybe there are no ordinary days.
just a long string of one extraordinary moment after the next.


2 comments:

  1. CS Lewis says there are no ordinary people. Probably applies to days as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Once again your gift of words and pictures amaze me! I am such a fan!

    ReplyDelete