Sunday, April 1, 2012

Easter Build Up


About a week ago, I woke up and sat bolt upright in bed.
All I could think was:
Time for the build up.
Easter deserves just as much (if not more) anticipation than Christmas.

And, up until last week, I had not done this most special of days justice.
So, I made up for lost time.


Peach and I decorated our tree so the Easter bunny will know just where to stop.


made some mason jar Easter plants for table decor
at the family festivities



yes, I know...the outfit.  the bow.  it is too much!
but I love her little heart and am finding joy in letting her grow her independence....even if she does look ridiculous.


had a loooong chat with Miss Peach about why we celebrate Easter.  then, we read the story of Easter in her Bible.  her tender little face got all scrunched up when we read about how Jesus was beaten and crucifed.  afterwards, we decorated a branch with flowers and pictures to remind us why Easter is so important.



then we got down to business with the eggs...




using a whisk was a Pinterest-inspired idea...genius!






finally,  planted some "magic" jelly beans.




and woke up to find they had grown THIS the next morning!






the Easter bunny will be delivering, as well...






phew!  this making of memories is exhausting!

more Easter love to come....stay tuned.

2 comments: