Wednesday, July 25, 2012

farm girls


the trip out to western MN was not complete without a stop at grandma and grandpa's farm

the girls were troopers, napping in the car from one place to the next and staying in relatively good moods despite the heat and in-n-out of the car

we got to cross a few items off our summer fun list
including a visit to great-great-grandma Avis
and the Redwood Aquatic Center
i didn't take any pics at the Aquatic Center, but trust me, we had a blast


before we actually got to J's family farm, we stopped to visit my grandparents, which included a Subway picnic near the "zoo"


this little "zoo" boasts about 6 different species of animals and has been in Redwood Falls since I was a kid

it was fun to take the girls to a place that J and I had both enjoyed as children...long before we knew about each other


Tulip liked the rooster until he started screeching at her :(




the elk was cool, but Peach insisted it was a reindeer that could fly and I just went with it



for a good old fashioned quarter, we fed the billy goats




this one was my favorite


then it was off to the farm
J's uncle just purchased a new farm "tool" which ended up to be more of a toy....


the "gator" (bigger and better than a 4-wheeler) sped us around the farm at high speeds

we had a mini-photo shoot atop a round bale







and J gave us an education on wheat






finally, last but certainly not least, were the new kittens



Peach especially loved the runt of the litter and did her best to get it to drink milk, but was unsuccessful :(



i think my girls would enjoy farm life
and maybe someday we'll fulfill that dream
until then, we will consider ourselves truly blessed to have such an awesome place to visit

1 comment:

  1. My family visited two great-uncle's farms in Missouri when I was a wee lassie. I'll never forget my experiences hobnobbing with the livestock and marveling that my relatives did not eat salads. Funny the details that stick with you for 50 years.
    Good times, Krog. Keep up the shaping of the next generation of God-noticers.

    ReplyDelete